Every day we help our clients get winning results
We know the fears you face. Bad drivers have hurt two of our family members, so we’ve seen that fear in our own loved-ones’ eyes.
We focus on you and your unique case start to finish, from your vehicle damage to your medical bills and lost income.
We help enhance your case and add value so you can get a fair and just settlement.
Because insurance companies judge claims through software, we became expert in software. Our firm has thousands of hours of legal computing experience and training. We’re skilled in how insurance companies use software to evaluate your claim. This kind of training in a law firm is unusual, and valuable in helping to make you whole again “so that you’re not a victim twice.”
We work to get you the best possible settlement without going to trial; an estimated 95% of our cases settle without going to the courthouse. And if your case is one of the few that does have to go to trial, then we have the skills and experience to win. One of our recent trial verdicts was $550,000 against a premier Portland defense law firm.*
Insurance company interests are opposite to your own. As friendly and empathetic as claims adjusters may seem, they’re the furthest thing from being your friends. Out of your view, they have many lawyers on their side who are very skilled in working against injury victims like you.
Bonuses, promotions, and awards are reserved for insurance adjusters who inflict the most damage upon those who are already damaged.
Again, we can settle the vast majority of personal injury cases for fair and just payment without going to trial. But with or without a trial you have just one opportunity, and insurance companies know it. They will pull out all the stops. Here are some examples from our cases of how they work against your interests:
1) In one of our trials, the insurance lawyer hired seven medical experts and surgeons! But they didn’t fool the jury; one by one we forced these hired-gun experts to admit they didn’t have the facts. For example, one expert admitted he hadn’t read even one page of 20 deposition transcripts before trial; he ignored 1,500 pages of sworn testimony! Yet he still gave the jury his $6,500 “expert opinion” anyway! That’s not justice, but that’s how they work.
2) In another case, the staff at a rest home carelessly placed our client’s paralyzed wife so that she could fall out of the bed, then compounded the problem by leaving her bed guard rail in the down position. Worse yet, her nursing care gown had strong-ties around the neck versus Velcro straps. Later that night her legs gradually slid off the bed while her gown remained hooked to the bed frame, which strangled her to death.
How did the insurance lawyers respond?“It was probably a suicide.” This is just another example of how extreme and underhanded insurance companies are in dealing with valid injury and wrongful death claims. In our case, they ignored that our client couldn’t move any part of her body, so that it was physically impossible for her to commit suicide. But the truth didn’t matter; they defended their money interests at all costs, even to the extent lying about the deceased woman.
And in case you might think this “suicide” argument is unusual, another insurance attorney tried to do the same thing in a cross walk injury case, based on nothing more than speculation. We were successful in getting the judge to block this ridiculous attempt. Many such adjusters and attorneys stop at nothing to keep from paying a fair amount.
3) A driver struck and killed our clients’ child with his car. He claimed the child “jumped out” in front of him. The only witnesses to the contrary were little children – the child’s playmates – who were all adamant that their friend was crossing the roadway safely when he was struck. The first attorney the parents hired just dropped the case. He gave up on them.
Then the parents came to our office and asked for a second opinion before giving up hope themselves. We got the police photos. Something was strange in the pictures: In one photo of the interior of the car, a newspaper was turned so that it could be read by the driver; later in the stack of photos, that newspaper was “gone.”
Through depositions, we discovered that it was the driver who had removed that paper when the investigating police officer went to the other side of the car with his camera. It didn’t take much to put two and two together: The driver was reading the newspaper headlines when he struck the child.
We don’t give up so easily!
Some of the many clients we’ve helped to winning results (most without going to court!):*
• A burned smoke-jumper against the foreign chainsaw maker of his defective saw.
• Two molested children, taking all of the molester’s real estate.
• The widower of a suicide victim, changing an unjust law in the Oregon Supreme Court.
• A seven-year-old burn victim against one of the world’s largest corporations, Wal-Mart.
• A victim of severe medical neglect against a careless surgeon who said our client’s gangrene was only a bruise, then went on a vacation.
• A brain-damaged auto wreck victim against a careless trucking company.
• A firefighter’s widow against the foreign auto maker, whose failed seatbelt killed her husband.
• An aged widow against a rest home that “lost” her husband who had Alzheimer’s–the police later found him, drowned in a ditch.
• A woman whose fiancé was killed by a meth addict while he crossed in a crosswalk.
• A college student struck in a crosswalk, working to get his huge medical bills reduced since there was so little insurance.
• A non-English speaking widow whose husband was killed by a drunk driver, getting a large settlement for her to get her life back on track.
• A wife of a police officer fight against a national department store whose luggage fell onto the back of her neck, causing her to undergo a multiple-fusion surgery.
• The teen victim of a sexual assault against the business that carelessly hired/retained a sexual predator.
• A woman in a head-on wreck get her bills reduced from $410,000 down to $43,000.
• A Russian exchange student against the driver of a car who crushed her into an ATM machine.
• A teen “hero” who saved the lives of his toddler nephews in a car crash against the insurance that refused to fairly pay for his severe internal injuries.
• A highway flagger against the company that failed to ground his power generator, which gave him a 20,000-volt shock.
• A woman who had spinal injuries and lost her pregnancy after an auto wreck, winning against an insurance company that blamed the woman’s “Latino diet” for her losses.
• The victim of a head-on-collision who sustained brain damage against an insurance company that refused to pay for what their driver caused to her life.
• An ex-Air Force pilot whose femur was forced out of his hip and through his back upon impact with a semi-truck.
• A mechanic whose arm fractured when a faulty product blew up in his hand.
• A wolf sanctuary defeat a bully landowner neighbor who lived a half-mile away.
• A motorcyclist who had his arm torn off by a van that veered into his lane on a blind curve.
• Thousands of injury victims–in Oregon and California–get fair and just payment for their injuries.
If you’ve been hurt, we’re here to help. We work to get accident victims fair recovery for what they’ve been through. That’s our focus, purpose, and our avocation. We can do the same for you.
Call the Medford Personal Injury Lawyer now at (541)772-3266 for a FREE First Consultation. Tell us the facts of your accident, and we can discuss to best ways to maximize your recovery, and make you whole, so that you’re not a victim twice.